Friday, June 16, 2006

THE SIGNAGE

"Not drinking water" is one of the most terrifying signs to see on a bathroom wall. It's one of those odd signs they put up in workplace toilets over the sink, sometimes you see it in places like airports or train stations.

It's not a sign that fills me with confidence, I have to tell you. I mean, here we have water that is unfit for human consumption, but it's still considered clean enough to wash my hands with it?! You know, these are my hands! They're attached to my body. I pick up stuff with these things, all day long. I handle my food with these paws, for goodness sake. But it's okay to put this sick, disease-ridden water that shouldn't go anywhere near my mouth all over them to clean them? That counts as clean, does it?

There has to be something off in that deal.

However, you never see the reverse sign on Evian bottles and water cooler labels, do you? It never reads "Not washing water" on your bottle of Perrier.

Are they trying to tell me that water doesn't run both ways?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home