Monday, December 12, 2005

THE HAIR APPARENT

There is a magazine out there called Hair. Honestly, I saw it at my local supermarket at the weekend. Picture of a smiling young lady on the cover - she has hair. She's also got teeth but that's not really the remit of this magazine, I suppose. Articles inside are all about hair. You know, "Should I dye it?", "How should I get it cut?", "How to use a comb", that sort of thing.

I don't know who Hair's target audience is. People with hair, I imagine, would be their prime demographic, though people who are interested in getting hair, exchanging their old hair, buying second hand hair are probably also targeted to some extent. (Yes, I am aware of the possible "extent/hair extension" gag here, but have chosen to leave that to your imagination)

I scanned the shelves but I couldn't see any Bald magazine. That's a big market that's being ignored. You know, articles like "Should I wear a hat?", "Great bald celebrities", that kind of thing. Really, one glance around the supermarket - the audience is there for this.

Do you ever wonder why so many evil geniuses are bald? Your Lex Luthor, your Doctor Evil, a selection of James Bond villains from the decades - they are all sporting the no-hair style. I figure that they started out as simply geniuses. It was only the basic lack of reading matter that made them turn to evil out of sheer boredom. Of course, my supermarket does stock Evil Bald Genius Monthly, however...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home