Tuesday, July 25, 2006

THE COPYCOPYCAT

Do you ever wonder how annoyed Korea is with Ikea? Because, they almost have the same name there. It's not like you wouldn't notice. The patent office would at least hear your case if you presented them with that argument.

One is a country that has been split by political turmoil for over 50 years. The other is a furniture store. If you're the country, you've got to take some offence that a sofa shop is ripping you off. I mean, Korea was there first. I'm pretty sure they named the country before they named the shop.

North Korea is often in the news with frightening reference to an increasing military build-up. I think they plan to wipe out Ikea for stealing the name. Koreans versus Ikeans, mano-e-mano.

I think the last straw would be if Ikea split into North and South Ikea. That would be the ultimate provocation. If that day ever comes, you'll see the flat packed imitation pine furniture fly, my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home