Wednesday, September 28, 2005

MY SCRUBS ALLUSION

In the advertisements, they say Superman fights "the never-ending battle", which sounds very romantic, but I've never really been sure what his never-ending battle is with. Finally, after years of reading Superman comics, I know what it is that he's battling with never-endingly.

Lift your computer keyboard on to its side, right now; slap it quite hard; turn the keyboard over.

What is all this junk that gets into the keyboard? Where is it coming from? I'm not being some clean freak here, but, no matter how often I wash my hands, the computer keyboard attracts whole chunks of detritus. When you clean it out it's like there's a whole civilisation at work inside.

The trouble with cleaning all that junk out is you can never stop once you've started. I figure that Superman's never-ending battle began as Clark Kent turning over the computer keyboard at his desk at the Daily Planet one day to clean it out a little...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home