Wednesday, August 18, 2010

THE IDIOT ENGINE

A woman is walking through a station concourse with her child when she asks a passer-by for the easiest way to Euston Station in London. The passer-by, a seemingly normal gentleman in a suit, proceeds to shout about eustachian tubes before blabbering on about something else that results in his doing an impression of a monkey. Several other people on the concourse join in.

Now, this is apparently how searching the internet had been until bing.com came along. Really, this is their current television advert. You would ask for the best route to Euston and every internet search engine in the world ever would reply with a medical examination of your eustachian tubes followed by an impression of a monkey flinging feces at your face. Or so the bing.com people would have us believe.

So I tried it. I went to a popular search engine (rhymes with poogle, other search engines are available) and typed in "Euston Station". Lo and behold, "poogle" gave me a page full of information about... Euston Station, all of which was relevant. Ta-da!

So, I'm not quite getting the bing.com advert's point. All I can get out of this advert is that if I search for "Euston Station" on their search engine they'll end up flinging feces at me until I go elsewhere. Which seems to be unnecessary.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

lmFao! Hit the nail on the head :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home