Wednesday, January 18, 2006

THE DAFT KNIGHT RETURNS

I'm starting to wonder if dressing as a bat is really striking fear into the hearts of criminals. Sure, it works for Batman. But I don't think he's really put this theory to the test. He's just made the assumption that this is what his costume is doing without really thinking it through.

Now, there's that line in Batman's origin about how "criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot" so dressing up as a bat will terrify them. But think about this...

You're at the bus stop, minding your own business, keeping out of the rain under that tiny shelter the bus company provides, and a guy dressed up as a giant bat sidles over to check the timetable. Just to make this clear for you - he is dressed as a giant bat. You get that? Are you getting on the bus with this guy? Really?

You dress as a bat and I think you get the train carriage to yourself. No one wants a desk facing yours at work, just in case you look up. Seriously, the phrase "loony tunes" may well be used behind your back if you dress in this manner. It ain't just the criminals who are worried about you, let me assure you.

In short, I don't think that it's the criminals' superstitions and cowardly nature that is really working in Batman's favour. I think it has more to do with the "grown man dressing as a bat" that's freaking the criminals and - yup - everybody else out. Tell me I'm wrong.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Steve Goble said...

Whilst you are dressed as a what Krusty?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home