Tuesday, March 14, 2006

THE AIR ATTACK

The spitfire's a wacky name for an aeroplane. I mean, spit fire? This is a whole health and safety lawsuit just waiting to happen.

I'm all for the strong name for the military aircraft, but I'm not sure I want to be in a vehicle whose main attribute is that it spits fire. Spitting bullets might convince me, but it's that whole issue of being on fire while hundreds of feet above the ground that worries me.

The US helicopters are all named after American Indian tribes. There's the Apache, the Tomahawk, I dunno, probably a Navajo in there somewhere. That seems like a pretty random way of naming them. I mean, how many Native American's were taking to the skies? How much peyote are they taking to pull off that stunt?

It's a curious mark of respect to name your helicopters after the people you ousted from the land where the factory building them now stands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home