Monday, April 25, 2005

THE SPIN CYCLE

Do you want to know the one thing that really separates men and women?

Cartwheels.

Seriously, you see any woman under the age of forty outside on a sunny day and I guarantee that she is thinking about doing a cartwheel, has just finished thinking about cartwheeling, or she will be thinking about cartwheels any second now. That is, of course, if she's not already spinning on her hands in mid-cartwheel when you pass her. You see a man outside on that same day and I can pretty well guarantee that he is not thinking about doing a cartwheel.

This is the female psyche. Women associate good weather with performing cartwheels. No one knows why - they just do.

"Sure is sunny today, Hannah!" "Yes, and I've just got to be upside down for a second, second-and-a-half."

I don't think that there's anything wrong with a good cartwheel, let me add. If you feel the urge to balance on your hands for a second you go right ahead, spin away. Psychiatrists, however, are paid thousands to make these sorts of observations. Wait 'til I get a deal for my book - Men are from Earth, Women are, also, from Earth. Then we'll split the psychiatrists from the klowns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home